Saturday, April 18, 2009

it's all about the music ...

Over on the Scrapbook Star message board, they're having an online crop and the theme is American Idol. I don't watch American Idol anymore ... I haven't watched it since the year Jennifer Hudson was on (when was that? Two years ago? Three?) ... but the challenges are all based on music in general, so I've still been able to play along. One of the challenges was to put your iPod on shuffle, go to the 7th song and use whatever song popped up as inspiration for your page. I ended up getting TobyMac's song, Lose My Soul. YAY! I seriously *love* that song and the lyrics are awesome. I ended up using a lyric from the chorus ("I don't want to gain the whole world but lose my soul") and made my page about struggles with materialism/consumerism. For years, all I wanted was to live the life of the rich and famous in New York but as I got older I realized .. as cliche as it may sound ... money doesn't buy happiness. In fact, money and materialism tends to do more damage than it does good. I now understand why the Bible says that it's hard for a rich man to enter the Kingdom of Heaven. Anyway the layout is going to go in my Faith Album (which is a 9x9 album) and I'm still not quite used to working with that size so it was a little tricky. Overall, though, I'm pleased with how it turned out.

In other music news ... did you know that iTunes has jacked up the price of many of their songs?! Instead of $0.99 per song, many songs are now $1.29 !!!!! How insane is that?! Luckily for me, most of the songs I download are contemporary Christian - or "inspirational", as iTunes classifies them - and those songs are still $0.99 a pop.

Soooooo if you use iTunes (which you totally should, because downloading music illegally is stealing y'all!!) then you might want to check out these songs which are still totally affordable at $0.99 ~

True Love by Phil Wickham.
Albertine by Brooke Fraser.
Show Me What It Means by Meredith Andrews.
Son of God by Starfield.
God is God by Steven Curtis Chapman.
AND ... if you're a Nickelback fan, be sure to check out songs by Third Day.

(That last one was for you, Natalie).

-xoxo-

2 comments:

  1. I love this page! I wouldn't have been able to tell it was a 9x9 instead of 12x12- your talent just shines on through, no matter what the size or format of the page. Especially love those letter stickers (raise your hand if you're surprised, lol!). Who/what are they?

    (PS- Jennifer Hudson was season 3 of AI, the year was 2004. So you haven't watched for 5 years/seasons.)

    ReplyDelete