Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Paying It Forward

One of my favorite non-profit organizations is Mercy Ministries Canada. They are a Christian organization that work with young women between the ages of 19-28 who are struggling with life-controlling problems including: eating disorders, self-harm, abuse, neglect, drug and alcohol addictions, depression and unplanned pregnancy. As a teenager, I struggled a lot with issues of self-esteem and self-image, so this organization touches me on a personal level. They have helped so many women across the country avoid some of the mistakes I made when I was younger.

They have recently introduced scrapbooking as part of their residential program. During their 6-month stay at the counselling center, the girls are given the opportunity to document their experience and transformation by scrapbooking. Because Mercy Ministries is solely supported by contributions and donations, they are always looking for people who are willing to send along some supplies.

I'm hoping to send off a big box of scrapbooking goodies by the end of the summer. If you have anything in your stash that you'd like to send to these girls, please let me know. It doesn't have to be "new" or expensive ... scraps of paper/cardstock are welcome! ... and it's the thought that counts the most.

-xox-

3 comments:

  1. drop me an email. want to help :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Stephanie that sounds like a fantastic thing to do!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm in...I'll put something together for your box and a donation to help with shipping! :)

    ReplyDelete