One of my favorite Christian bands are the Casting Crowns. They write the most incredible songs that really touch my heart & reflect things I am going through in my own life. Last night I was listening to their song Somewhere in the Middle, and I just couldn't get the lyrics out of my head. I think every Christian has moments where they feel they are "caught somewhere in the middle" ... moments when we want to let go and let God take control, but things like common sense and fear of the unknown get in the way. Moments when we want to be passionate, fearless believers ... but we remain lukewarm bystanders. I think Mark Hall, the lead singer of the Casting Crowns, sums it up best:
“When we’re at the altar, everything makes sense,” Hall says. “We know what we’re supposed to do. We know how we’re supposed to live. Everything’s black and white. But somewhere between the altar and the door, when we leave church and go out into our lives, it all leaks out, and everything gets gray again. The Christian life is the journey between the altar and door, trying to get the things you’ve got in your head into your life."
Here are the amazing lyrics he wrote ....
Somewhere between the hot and the cold ...
Somewhere between the new and the old ....
Somewhere between who I am and who I used to be ...
Somewhere in the middle, You'll find me.
Somewhere between the wrong and the right ...
Somewhere between the darkness and the light ...
Somewhere between who I was and who You're making me ...
Somewhere in the middle, You'll find me.
Just how close can I get, Lord, to my surrender
without losing all control?
Fearless warriors in a picket fence
Reckless abandon wrapped in a common sense
Deep water faith in the shallow end
With eyes wide open to the differences ...
The God we want, and the God who is
But will we trade our dreams for His ...
Or are we caught in the middle?
Somewhere between my heart and my hands ...
Somewhere between my faith and my plans ...
Somewhere between the safety of the boat and the crashing waves ...
Somewhere between a whisper and a roar ...
Somewhere between the altar and the door ...
Somewhere between contented peace and always wanting more ...
Somewhere in the middle, You'll find me.
Fearless warriors in a picket fence
Reckless abandon wrapped in a common sense
Deep water faith in the shallow end
With eyes wide open to the differences ...
The God we want, and the God who is
But will we trade our dreams for His ...
Or are we caught in the middle?
Lord, I feel You in this place and I know You're by my side,
Loving me even on these nights ... when I'm caught in the middle ...
I am caught in the middle.
You can listen to the song here.
I hope you all have a wonderful Sunday & don't forget to enter my giveaway. I have goodies that need a good home! :o)
xox
I love casting crowns too. Have you heard their song If We Are The body? Its my fave.
ReplyDeleteAndrea :)
I agree Casting Crowns do put many Christian's feelings into words. I have loved their music and their testimony for years.
ReplyDelete