Wednesday, October 28, 2009

One Enchanted Evening

Last night, I treated myself to an evening at one of my absolute favorite places in the city - the Montreal Botanical Gardens. The Gardens are lovely all the time, but every autumn they put on an extra special exhibit where they feature dozens of life-size lantern characters (dragons, birds, people, etc) ... each lantern is carefully handcrafted in China and they take months to create! When they're ready, they are flown to Montreal and put on display. In addition to the stunning life-size lanterns, there are hundreds of "regular" lanterns scattered throughout the garden. It's breathtaking and really, really magical.

Here are some photos I took ~


If you live in Montreal, you should plan to go this week ... the last day is on Saturday. The Botanical Gardens also have a Pumpkin Ball exhibit where you can see hundreds of uniquely decorated (not carved) pumpkins. I saw them too & will post my pumpkin photos later this week.

Good night everyone! :o)
xox

1 comment: