Sunday, November 1, 2009

The Great Pumpkin Ball

As promised, here are some of the photos I took at The Great Pumpkin Ball at the Montreal Botanical Gardens. I don't celebrate Halloween, so traditional jack-o-lanterns don't really do anything for me ... but these pumpkins were so uniquely decorated I couldn't help but be inspired.

A little background info on The Great Pumpkin Ball .... it's an annual event here in Montreal hosted by the Montreal Botanical Gardens. Anyone can participate and individuals (young and old), schools and groups get together to decorate a pumpkin. The pumpkin cannot be carved, but you can use whatever you want to decorate it - paint, glitter, fabric, clay, etc.

All the pumpkins are then put on display for the public to enjoy!

You can see more photos here.

Isn't this a great activity to do with kids??! Pumpkin carving is so messy (not to mention dangerous) but this is totally safe and you can get as creative as you want. And if you don't celebrate Halloween, you can still get in on the fun and make something totally non-Halloweenish. AND ... because the pumpkin isn't carved, it will last longer.

Yup, I'm a fan of The Great Pumpkin Ball. :o)

xox

1 comment:

  1. looks like so much fun!
    My fave is the turkey haha
    xxoo Andrea

    ReplyDelete