I have some very exciting news to share with you ... I have been bursting at the seams with excitement & would have posted this WAY sooner, but there were people I wanted and needed to tell in person first. But now that they know, it's time for you to know too ...
I AM MOVING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
After Christmas, I will no longer be living in the comforts of my parents' home here in Montreal. I will be living on the other side of the country in beautiful Vancouver, British Columbia. The home of the 2010 Winter Olympics will be my new home, too. I was offered a job there and after a lot of prayer & pondering, I decided to accept it. This was *not* an easy decision for me. I have have lived in the same house my entire life and the most time I've spent away from my family is 5 days! As exciting as it is, the idea of literally moving to the other side of the country ... all alone, by myself ... is terrifying. But I've always been the kind of girl who follows her heart, and my heart is telling me that this is the right decision.
I am moving to an area of Vancouver called Kitsilano ... one of the nicest parts of the city. My apartment is 6 blocks from the beach and a 10 minute bus ride from downtown. I'll be 4 blocks from Broadway Street where there are tons of coffee shops, restaurants, stores, etc. My new church is a short bus ride away. I am *so* excited! Also, my land-lady seems like such a sweetheart. We chatted on the phone for an hour tonight and she reminds me a lot of my mom.
I am feeling really, really blessed tonight. I cannot wait to see what the future has in store for me!
xox
How exciting ! Congrats on the new job. I'll be praying for you during this time of transition. I look forward to reading all about your new adventures too.
ReplyDelete*big huge hugs*
ReplyDeleteIt's so exciting. I hope you know that best friends are still best friends, no matter how far apart they are. XOX
That's great. You'll have to tell what type of candy they have that's different from Qc and I'll send the money to pay for the products plus ship them here. :0)
ReplyDeleteYou're not even there yet, and I can't wait to visit you. We so have to see each other before you leave.
And lastly, I know oyur scared of spreading your wings to fly away (LOL) you'll be fine. Everyone is a phone call away. God Bless technology. Or in our case, a coffee night video chat away.
This is wonderful news. You are going to have a blast living on your own. Don't let it scare you as with everything it takes some getting use to. Big Hugs
ReplyDeleteWe're going to miss you so much at church. You are such a beautiful woman of Christ. Keep shining in Vancouver! Keep us updated. I will absolutely be praying for you and your incredible aventure.
ReplyDeletexox Andrea
Wow! That's exciting news, although I'm sure it's a little overwhelming for you too. It will be a huge growing experience for you. I can't wait to follow your progress as you move and settle into your new life there.
ReplyDeleteYou will truly be missed. I wish you all the best in your new job and please don't be a stranger!!!
ReplyDelete.. Kitsilano.. I love that area of Vancouver..
ReplyDeletereminds me of my time in Whistler, fun times!!
and with skype, I often share a meal with my brother
who is across the atlantic..
have fun, i'll keep reading ;)
Wow Stephanie - that is excellent news. I wish you all the best and you will be missed here.
ReplyDeleteYou are starting on such a great adventure in life!
Linda
What exciting news! I wish you all the best during this new chapter in your life. Good luck!!!
ReplyDeleteWOW! Exciting news for you!!! You will be missed in Montreal!!!
ReplyDelete