Friday, November 27, 2009

Sparkle & Flock

If you've already written your letter to Santa, you might want to edit it a little because I recently discovered two items that every scrapbooker *must* put on their holiday wish list this year!!

First up ... Martha Stewart Flocking Powder. I was at Michaels a few weeks ago and the flocking powder was on sale so I bought a few bottles. Oh. My. Goodness - it's so much to fun to play with! Just cover a chipboard piece with some clear liquid glue, sprinkle some of the powder on top and gently shake off the excess. It gives your chipboard a soft, fuzzy texture.

Next .... Doodlebug Design Sugar Coating Glitter. I had been coveting this amazing glitter for months but couldn't bring myself to splurge on glitter that retails for $9.00 a pop. When they went on sale, I finally caved and got myself two bottles. *Be still my heart* I am a lover of all things sparkly, and I swear ... this is the best glitter I've ever used! Definitely worth every penny.


Here is a quick card I made using both the flocking powder and the glitter:

Trust me, the butterfly is *way* more sparkly in real life. I used pink flocking powder for the butterfly's body, then added glitter to the outline of the body. A few pearls and some ribbon and, tada! :o)

xox

2 comments: