Friday, February 12, 2010

The True North, Strong and Free

I haven't posted in awhile (sorry!) but tonight I just want to share how incredibly proud I am of my city. Vancouver is a sea of red and white tonight. Everywhere you look, you see one thing: PATRIOTISM. Canadian flags and maple leafs are draped on buses, hanging from balconies and, of course, adorning the shirts of Vancouverites of all ages! I'm sitting in Blenz Coffee House right now and the staff are all wearing red t-shirts that say GO TEAM CANADA on them. We may not be the most powerful nation on the planet, but we are a proud people.

I got to go to the dress rehearsal for the opening ceremonies and it was totally out of this world! It was a rehearsal but they did a full run-through with all the performing artists and even the Prime Minister present. It was such a privilege to be there and trust me - you will NOT want to miss the ceremonies tonight, especially if you are a Canadian! The artistic director did a wonderful job of capturing the diversity and history of our country - everyone from east to west is represented. It's amazing!

I'm off to a little ceremony party at Laura and Davey's house. I'm bringing red and white candy to share! :o)

I hope you get a chance to watch the ceremonies on television tonight. Trust me, you won't be disappointed.

GO TEAM CANADA, GO!

2 comments:

  1. That's awesome!
    Vancouver is the place to be, with the Olympics right now!
    Have a lovely time at the party! XOX

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, that's really cool! i wanna touch olympic gold..

    haven't stopped by your blog in a LOOOONG time, so i thought i would say hello!

    ReplyDelete