
I've decided to change my blog a little. This change is something I've been pondering for awhile now, but recent events have just confirmed that it's time to make a switch. When I began blogging back in 2008, I wrote primarily about my obsession with scrapbooking and my love for all things crafty. As much as I enjoy blogging about patterned paper and stickers and stamps, the truth is that I really LOVE blogging about life. My life, other people's lives, life in general. I love sharing the things that matter to me and I love reading about things that matter to other people.
As many of you know, I embarked on a crazy adventure back in December when I packed my bags (4 suitcases, to be exact) and moved across the country to Vancouver. In the past five months, I've experienced the 2010 Olympics first-hand ... skied down Whistler mountain .... fed swans in Stanley Park ... watched the sun set from a rooftop overlooking the Pacific Ocean ... made cotton candy from scratch ... volunteered at a marathon ... danced in the rain ... lost over 25 pounds ... met people from all walks of life ... been transformed, been challenged, been blessed measure.
THOSE are the kind of things I want to write about on my blog from here on out. More specifically, I want to write about the things on my bucket list (aka my list of things to accomplish, see and do before I'm called home to heaven) and the ordinary adventures that pop up along the way as I cross things off my list and add new goals to it. I'm sure a scrapbook layout will make its way onto my blog every now and then, but for the most part, but as of this very moment my blog is officially making the transition from "art blog" to "personal blog".
I hope you'll stick around to read it. :)
"What kind of world do you want? Think anything. Let's start at the start, build a masterpiece. Be careful what you wish for ... history starts now ..."
Well i'll be here. I'm excited to hear about all these adventures. I'm a firm believer that blogs should evolve as the blogger evolves. You do what you gotta do hun!
ReplyDelete:)
xoxo
I think that all this change is very exciting, I'm excited for you - and I agree, it should definitely be documented! XO
ReplyDelete