Happy Saturday everybody! This morning was cloudy and overcast so I decided to do some baking. I originally wanted to try my hand at organic brownies, but I was missing some key ingredients (aka chocolate!) so I decided to improvise on cookies instead. I've had a bottle of Agave Nectar sitting in my pantry for awhile now and it was calling out to me to give it a try. Agave Nectar, in case you aren't familiar with it, is a natural sweetener that is very popular in the organic cooking community. So, anywhoo ... I pulled out the nectar and some other ingredients I had lying around and whipped up these:
Coconut Pumpkin Seed Cookies. If you don't like pumpkin seeds you can use sunflower seeds or flax seeds or any other seed. You can also use dried raisins or cranberries. So, let's get baking! You will need the following:
Ingredients:
1 cup of butter or margarine
2 cups of flour
1 large egg
1/2 to 1 cup of sweetened coconut flakes
1/2 to 1 cup of pumpkin seeds
2 tsp of nutmeg or cinnamon
1/4 cup of blue agave nectar (or you can use 1/2 cup of sugar)
Directions:
Preheat your oven to 375*F.
Mix all of the ingredients in a bowl and blend well.
Place little drops of the dough on a cookie tray.
Bake for 10 minutes at 375*F.
Remove from oven, let cool for 5 minutes and enjoy!
These cookies are super easy to bake and I think they're really tasty too. Have a wonderful weekend. I'm off to an all-day scrapbook crop at Pick of the Patch Scrapbooking tomorrow. I admit, I'm a little nervous and I hope the ladies are nice! Oh, and thank you for the wind words regarding my mission's trip (see last post). I think there might have been a little misunderstanding, though. I'm not going away for a year ... I'm going on the trip in a year. I'll be going to this country for 2 weeks and if it goes well and I feel comfortable, I can look at going again for a longer period of time. But yeah, I'm not moving to another country! Sorry for the confusion! :)
loves to you all
xox
Improvise…who improvises on a key ingredient like chocolate.
ReplyDeleteYou get dressed and go find some - made cookies instead…pfft!
Seriously I want to try making those - need to get a bottle of that nectar. I’ll let you know how they turn out but I’m adding chocolate chips to my batch!
Phew…two weeks sounds like a good plan just to get your feet wet and understand what missionary work/life is really like.
Hope you had a great time at the all day crop and actually got some pages done! ;)
Two weeks does sound like a good way to get used to the idea and how thing work. Don't forget to come back for your best friend's wedding, though, okay? :)
ReplyDeleteI'm sure you had a great time at the crop & I'm looking forward to seeing the LOs you made! I miss scrapping with you too - thanks for the note on my blog. XOX