I am slowly learning quite a bit about Chinese culture as all of my co-workers at the office and many of the university students I work with are Chinese. On Wednesday, the Chinese will be celebrating Mid-Autumn Festival ... here in North America, it's also known as Moon Festival, Lantern Festival and Moon Cake Festival. It's the 2nd most important holiday in Chinese culture, after Chinese New Year.
My sweet co-workers surprised me this morning with an early Mid-Autumn Festival gift ...

As if that box wasn't beautiful enough, inside are a bunch of little Moon Cakes made at T&T Bakery, one of Vancouver's best Chinese bakeries! I also got a little citrus candle. I am already a HUGE fan of this holiday. So much better than Halloween. Give me pretty pink flowers and Chinese lanterns over spider webs and skeletons any day. And, just to really complete the experience, I picked up some yummy Chinese take-out on my way home ~

This week is off to a fantastical start, if I do say so myself!
Love y'all xox