Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Morning Routine


Prompt #3 in Shimelle's class this morning was all about repetition. Among other things, we were encouraged to think about something that "always happens" ... repetition in our everyday lives. At first I was struggling with the prompt and wasn't sure how to tackle it. Then, this morning, I was sitting at Starbucks (with my class notebook at the ready!) and was thinking about how nice it was to get to sit in Starbucks for a while before work. That never happens 'cause I'm always running late. Immediately, inspiration hit and I decided to journal about what always happens, every morning, Monday to Friday:

Every morning, I wake up to my alarm clock going off at 6:15am. I hit the snooze button and fall back into a deep sleep. I wake up again at 7:00am and crawl out of bed, pour water into the kettle, flick the "on" switch and hop into the shower while my water boils. Every morning I step out of the shower, wrap myself up in my white fluffy bath robe, pour my tea and drink it while deciding what to wear. I comb my hair, get dressed, put on my makeup, check the clock, FREAK OUT when I see it's already 8:05am. Every morning, I throw a bagel into the toaster oven, toss my keys and wallet into my purse, grab the bagel, grab my cell phone and bolt out the door. I know with a little more discipline and planning, my mornings could be much more serene and less frantic ... but, for now, this is the reality of my morning routine.

I am REALLY looking forward to scrapbooking this. I never would have thought of documenting my morning routine had it not been for this prompt, so thanks Shimelle!

xox

6 comments:

  1. Now that you have your morning routine documented - maybe you should stop at Starbuck and write some more:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol at elinjanne. Great idea though. Love the idea of a bagel every morning. Haven't had one of those in ages x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This will make a great layout. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you share the layout. My favorite mornings are spent at Starbucks with a journal. Love your writing. I need to document one of my mornings as the mom of a high school student...one day soon my mornings will be much different.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Its a great idea to journal about those everyday things that you don't really think about even though you do them so often! As I was reading your journalling I got the image of my morning cup of tea in my head - how my day would unravel quickly without that cuppa! :-) x

    ReplyDelete
  6. love that picture and the journaling! Thanks for sharing! I wish I could make and drink tea every morning!

    ReplyDelete