Let me just begin by saying that it is cold here in Vancouver. Very cold. Bleeping cold. Cold like I'm sitting here in my office wearing mitts and a scarf kind of cold. Yo, Mother Nature - did you miss the fact that we've got palm trees everywhere?! Take your freezing temperatures and your frost and your ridiculous wind chill elsewhere please. Brrrrrrrr!
Now that I've got that off my chest, I'd like to warm things up by sharing a few sneak peeks of my Christmas in the City tree. Obviously the tree isn't up yet but I have pulled out my box of ornaments in preparation. Here are some of my favorites:

New York City taxi cab, loaded up with presents. Love it.
(purchased at Pier 1 Imports)

Zebra print bulb because y'all know I love zebra print.
(Purchased at Pier 1 Imports)
And, I'm not gonna lie, this last one is my favorite ....

City skyline ornament, made by yours truly!
Last Friday night was girls' night and we decided to branch out from our usual routine of board games and chick flicks and make some Christmas crafts instead. I, being the self-proclaimed "Martha Stewart wannabe" of the group, was in charge of coming up with the craft idea. Turns out, making your own Christmas bulbs is easy peasy.
I bought some clear glass ornaments at Michaels and busted out my glitter, Sharpie pens, acrylic paint and self-adhesive rhinestones and bling. We all had a blast getting creative and everyone came up with really unique, clever designs.
That's it for now. I'm off to grab a coffee from Starbucks.
-xoxo-
Oh wow! Those are gorgeous... and the one you made is fabulous! I want one! :)
ReplyDeleteThe ornament you made is so perfect for your Christmas in the City tree! I bet you can hardly wait for Dec 1st!
ReplyDeleteI like them all! :)
ReplyDeleteHi Stephanie Joanna! I just gave you a blog award, please check it out on my blog! Feel free to pass it on, or not, as your time and schedule permit. http://melissagross.blogspot.com/2010/11/new-blog-award.html
ReplyDeleteAwwwww thanks for the award Melissa!! I'm flattered. :)
ReplyDeleteI love your Christmas in the city theme :)
ReplyDeleteThe taxi and city skyline baubles are just awesome!
ReplyDeleteThank you for such a lovely comment on my self-portrait. It certainly put a smile on my face :D
BTW, us Brits thought we'd share our weather with you. We don't want to be greedy and keep it to ourselves ;) xx