
Happy December, everyone! Last night was my fabulous Christmas Tree Trimming Party. I had a wonderful group of friends over, and we ate Christmas cupcakes (above) and gingerbread cookies and drank eggnog and hot chocolate. We laughed, we sang (well, Virginia and I did) and we decorated. My tree looks wonderful and I'll share more photos of the party later this weekend ... but, for now, I just wanted to share some of these thoughts that are on my heart today.
I am blessed. So, so, so blessed. Blessed to know such fantastic people. Blessed to get to call them my friends. Blessed that they care and love me for the crazy, Christmas fanatic that I am. Blessed to have found people who just "get" me. Blessed that they're all so thoughtful and generous and that they showed up with chai latte mix, apple pie and even a present for me to put under my tree. Blessed to have laughter (lots of it!) in my life. Blessed to have special people to celebrate with, both here in Vancouver and in Montreal. Blessed, y'all - that's what I am.
I've been telling people that more than anything else this Christmas, I just want to "get back to basics". I want to get back to the heart of the season and focus on what really matters. Lately, I've been forcing myself to ponder what is left when you strip away the commercialism and the expensive gifts and the overall frenzy of the holidays ... and I've been getting my answers, loud and clear. You're left with an infant King in a manger, born 2010 years ago. You're left with worship. You're left with showering people with kindness and love and quality time instead of (or in addition to) presents and cards. You're left with friends. You're left with family. And you know what? That's all more than enough to fill my city girl heart with happy.
~xox~
I'm so glad that the tree trimming party was filled with friends and laughter! Looking forward to seeing photos of the tree.
ReplyDeletethats why im normally so humbuggy, i love the basic christmases i love basics i love just being about christmas and being with those you love!!
ReplyDelete