Friday, April 8, 2011

It's Pho good ..

Tonight, I had one of those "could not ask for more" kind of nights. Usually, when a group of friends and I go out to dinner together, it's planned a week or so in advance. We all have pretty busy schedules and lots of evening commitments, so it takes time and effort to orchestrate a girls' night out on the town.

This afternoon, I wrote on a friend's Facebook wall that we should go out for Pho - aka absolutely delicious Vietnamese noodle soup. She sent me a text message telling me she was totally up for and we set a time to meet. A few minutes later, I got a text message from another girlfriend. "Are you guys really going out for Pho? Can I come?" ... Yay! Dinner with two friends. What a pleasant surprise.

As I was heading out to meet them, I got a phone call. "Hey, are people really going out for Pho tonight? 'Cause I've been totally craving it and I wanna come too!" Oh. My. Gosh! A spontaneous, full fledged girls' night! Bring it! :)

We ended up going to our favorite Pho place up on Sasamat street called Gold Train Express.


Gold Train Express
4530 West 10th Ave (corner of Sasamat)

We ate our soup, chatted, laughed, updated one another on life. When dinner was over, we were all having such a great time that none of us were ready to say goodbye ... so we headed over to Suzanne's and curled up on her couch and watched Walk The Line. Cue more laughing, some off-key singing, dancing, cartwheels in the hallway (seriously!) and a whole lotta fun. I love these girls so much. I love my west coast life so much. Oh, and I love Pho! It's just pho good! :)

"And these are the moments I thank God that I'm alive. And these are the moments I'll remember all my life. I found all I've waited for, and I could not ask for more."

3 comments:

  1. I love Pho! Vancouver has the best & cheapest Pho options. And I also love nights like those :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok i have to let you in on a secret. this place is 2 blocks from my house. and gold train II on broadway and blenhiem is about 10 times better!!!
    and bigger with round tables to fit all your lady-buddies.
    Enjoy!
    xoxo
    Whit

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooohhhh Whit, I will be checking that out asap! Thanks! This is why I love having Vancouver blogging buddies :)

    ReplyDelete