Soooo ...did you watch it?! Did you watch it?! I sure did. We turned our apartment into Royal Wedding Headquarters last night, setting up camp in our living room. We dragged a mattress into the living room - along with tons of blankets, pillows and hot chocolate - and Katie, Xinxin, Marcy and I nestled in for a long night of wedding watching. I don't wanna brag, but I think us west coasters were the most committed. The footage started at 2am our time. We watched the entire thing, from guests arriving to the kiss on the balcony, and only fell asleep around 5am PST.
It was so beautiful. SHE was so beautiful. Proof -



That dress ... gosh. Be still my heart. I am such a sucker for lace and definitely want some on my wedding gown, so watching her step out of the limo in that stunning dress was a thrill. She looked like a living, breathing, real-life princess. Oh wait. She is! :)
I'm so glad I got to watch this historical event with my west coast besties. We giggled, we ooohed, we ahhhed, Katie and I may or may not have gotten a little teary during the ceremony. Maybe I'm just a big hopeless romantic, but in a world where the news is all about war and crisis and destruction, it was such a pleasant relief to relish in the joy and hope of a young couple in love for a few hours.
I hope they are blessed with many, many happy years together. xo
ha ha i only got up at 5am and watched from ceremony on and then i watched it again right after!
ReplyDelete