I'm back from Portland, OR. It was a wonderful & much needed time away with two of my favorite couples from church. We had a blast shopping, eating, touring, laughing, talking, sharing and just letting loose. I definitely consider this trip a blessing ... it came 'round at just the right time.
I'll share more about my trip later this week, but first I want to thank you for keeping me in prayer over the last few days. They've been some of the hardest days I've had to walk and it's meant a lot to know that there are people out there thinking of me and sending up prayers for me. I've learned a lot over the past two weeks.
I learned that relationships aren't always smooth sailing. Sometimes, things will happen and situations will arise that will challenge everything you've ever believed about soul mates, love and happily ever after.
I learned that God knew what He was talking about when He whispered the words of 1 Corinthians 13 to the apostle Paul ... love IS patient. Love IS kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking and it is not easily angered. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices in the truth. It always protects, always believes, always perseveres. LOVE NEVER FAILS.
I learned those words are easy to quote but quite difficult to apply. I learned they're worth applying.
I learned that sometimes the people you expect to step up and comfort you ... don't. Sometimes they totally let you down. Sometimes the people you expect to care the most don't seem to care at all.
I learned that sometimes the people you don't expect to step up and comfort you ... do. Sometimes angels appear out of nowhere. Sometimes difficult situations like this make you realize who is really on your side.
And, at the end of it all, I realized that I have a wonderful life. The Lord has blessed me with one of the most caring, loyal, devoted men on the face of the planet ... he is more than I could ever have hoped for. I have amazing friends who have become my west coast family and are truly irreplaceable. It's not a perfect life, but it's a wonderful life. And from here on out, that's what I'm choosing to focus on ...
xox
So glad to see you back and reflecting on what the Lord has shown you!
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you're feeling better, hon. I was worried about your last post and wanted to give you that space you needed and requested. I hope things get sunnier for you!
ReplyDeletehugs xxx
I saw a few comments on FB from you and have been praying for you. I'm glad you were able to get away for a time so that you could begin that healing process. Someone once told me that it's ok to be broken, as long as we give God all the pieces so He can mend us the way He sees fit. My mind goes to the scripture in Jeremiah 18 where the potter was working on the clay. Something went wrong with the molding process and the clay became marred in the potters hands. He simply mushed it back together, threw it back on the wheel and began making a new vessel. I pray that you continue to feel God making you into a new more beautiful vessel.
ReplyDelete