
Obviously, because he's been out of town, we haven't been on a date night in what feels like foooorrreeevvvaaa. We decided that our first date together once he gets back into town - which I promptly scheduled for the very next morning, poor guy - should be extra special to make up for the lack of dates this month. I get to plan out our morning and he gets to plan our evening.
I'm planning a sweet little breakfast picnic for us. It's a complete surprise; all he knows is that he has to meet me at my apartment by 10:30am and that he has to leave room for breakfast. What he doesn't know is that I'm going to fill a picnic basket with croissants and tangerines and muffins and bagels and Starbucks frappucinos and we're going to walk to this park near my apartment and sit on the grass and have a super low-key, quality time kind of morning. I'm going to make little flags to stick in the muffins that say "Welcome Home" and I even bought this adorable little card game from Etsy where you pick a random card with a theme, question or statement on it and have to come up with a "story" to tell the other person -

Seriously. I don't wanna toot my own horn, but I am one fantastic date planner. I hope Alan's evening plans are as adorable as mine ... not that it really matters because just getting to spend time with him *in person* after so long apart will make it picture perfect.
My only concern is the rain which, because we live in Vancouver, is a real possibility. I need to come up with an indoor picnic plan in case it pours ... any suggestions?
You seriously do know how to plan a date!!! Awesome girl. Love the cards. That is so original. Have fun and make sure you tell us about the dinner! :D
ReplyDeleteSounds like a wonderful plan! We "picnic" indoors all the time (especially in the heat we're having right now!) - throw a nice quilt on the floor, same picnic basket & treats - it all counts as quality time together.
ReplyDelete*like* Ah...young romance. I miss that dating stage of life sometimes. Your date plans sound quite lovely.
ReplyDelete