Thursday, August 11, 2011

The Roomie Chronicles, Part 1

In just 20 short days, this sweetheart of a girl will be my new roomie ....

Ladies & gents, meet Xinxin (pronounced Shin-shin) also known as Cynthia also known as Bunny. {To keep things simple, she will be referred to as Bunny on this blog from here on out.}

We met a year ago when I was doing ministry work at UBC and she was doing her masters' degree. Long story short, she ended up joining the Born for More club on campus because was interested in learning more about Christianity. We became friends immediately and one afternoon she took me shopping at a Chinese market. We have been pretty much inseparable ever since. She has grown into such an incredible woman of faith. We're not best friends ... we're sisters. And soon we'll be sisters who live together.

Katie, who I have lived with since February of 2010, is getting married in the fall. *Cue applause and congratulations* Since Vancouver is the most expensive city in the country & I live in the most expensive neighborhood in Vancouver & I am not a millionaire, I needed a new roommate. Enter Xinxin, who was sick of living on campus. A brief meeting with the landlord and a few signed papers, and she'll be moving in with me on September 1st.

This roommate switch has been a big reason for my blogging hiatus lately. My apartment has been temporarily transformed into Katie's Wedding Planning Central and is a complete disaster. There are wedding things everywhere and tons of boxes. Oh, and LOADS of extra furniture. Bunny and I are trying to accumulate things for our apartment makeover and Katie's been accumulating things for her new place too. Add those items to the furniture pieces already in our apartment and, yeah, it's a bit of a war zone.

Other reasons I've been missing in action? Alan got back on August 1st and I have been busy spending every minute of free time with him. I'm reading The Help and am completely in love with it so when I get home from spending time with him, I crawl into bed with a cup of tea and read until my eyes get tired. And last but not least, the weather in Vancouver has been absolutely amazing lately so I just can't justify hanging out inside in front of my computer. So, friends, the blog was put on hold. I hope you didn't forget about me. :)

Off to read all of your blogs now ... time to play catch up ...

xoxo

1 comment: