My boyfriend had his former college roommates in town for the week and one of the things they decided to do together was rent a place up in Whistler for the weekend. As he drove north with his buddies for some hiking and mountain biking, I stayed in the city without a single event scheduled on my calendar. I thought my weekend would be boring - or, if not downright boring, then uneventful and uninspiring - but believe it or not it actually turned out to be quite the opposite. Bunny and I stayed up late Friday night scrapbooking and watching episodes of Say Yes To The Dress ... then we got up on Saturday morning and strolled down the street to Blenz Coffee for yummy maple lattes and some quiet reading time before heading out to get groceries for our mid-Autumn Festival dinner.
It hit me as I sat there in Blenz ... this is my life. These are the moments that I`ll remember most; these little everyday moments like lattes with my best friend on a Saturday morning. Maple syrup drizzled elegantly across the foamy top of a latte; these little things are what make me happiest.
My weekend wasn`t particularly eventful, but it was inspiring. It was nice to be reminded of how simple life can be when you take time to appreciate and enjoy the everyday blessings.
xo
For me as well. It's the little moments with nothing big planned that I cherish. I remember lots of times sitting in a coffee shop and having the best conversations. It really sounds like you have amazing coffee shops there.
ReplyDelete