Friday, December 2, 2011

'tis the season!


So, in case ya missed it, yesterday was December 1st ... and what that means in Stephanie world is that everybody else *finally* gets on board the Christmas train with me! Bring on the holiday decorations, the music, the baking, the gift exchanges, the much-needed time away from work. Christmas movies and gingerbread cookies and cozy winter nights spend snuggling on the couch? Yes please!

All my Christmas shopping is complete, so I get to spend the next 22 days enjoying everything else this wonderful season has to offer. My to-do list for December looks a little something like this ...

  • Do December Daily (one photo a take for the entire month of December)
  • Go see the Festival of Lights in Van Dusen Gardens
  • Build and decorate a gingerbread house
  • Find (and buy!) the perfect hat and mitten set 
  • Bake holiday cookies with my girlfriends
  • Watch all of my favorite Christmas movies, especially The Preacher's Wife and Home Alone 2
  • Read a chapter a day from my new Christmas devotional book
  • Meditate on those chapters & pray to be continuously reminded of the true reason for the season
  • Go ice skating 
  • Drink lots of hot chocolate and eggnog 
  • Master my Nana's bread stuffing recipe before I need to make it for everyone on the 25th
  • Drive around late at night and see all the pretty lights 
  • Listen to Justin Bieber's song Mistletoe on repeat .. yup, I'm not ashamed.
  • Read at least one book during my week-long holiday (not including Christmas Devotional) 
  • Buy Christmas-themed candy apples from Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory
  • Think of ways to celebrate New Year's Eve in Portland - any suggestions? 
  • Play in the snow, build a snowman 
  • Take a Christmas Day family photo (new tradition!) 

What's on your list of things to do or see this Christmas? 


1 comment:

  1. I'm doing the December Daily too this year. I've got everything all ready to go. I just need to add my pictures and journaling.

    Thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete