Ladies and gentlemen I very pleased to inform you that less than a week into apartment hunting, we signed a lease on an amazing 2-bedroom place. It's not the place we *thought* we wanted (see post below) but it's definitely the place we were meant to have and we couldn't be happier.
As I mentioned in my last post, on Monday evening we filled out an application for the apartment with the fireplace and started the waiting game. We were pretty sure we'd be offered it, but we went ahead and scheduled a few more appointments just in case things didn't work out. On Tuesday, we went to visit a place in the same neighborhood, just a few streets over. As soon as we walked in, we both knew. This apartment is in a slightly newer building, so it doesn't have the same character as the other place, but the layout is more convenient and the bedrooms are bigger and the views ... oh, the views! The windows look out over a nice quiet street lined with trees and the natural sunlight in the place is amazing. It doesn't have a fireplace (boo!) but it does have a fairly large balcony - which, if I'm being honest, we'll likely use and enjoy more often than we would a fireplace.
We asked the landlord for an application and filled it out right away. She glanced over it quickly and offered it to us on the spot! It's signed, sealed, and officially ours!
I can't tell you how grateful I am to have found such a lovely place to build a love nest. Now the packing frenzy begins. Exciting times ahead! :)
Have a great weekend xo
No comments:
Post a Comment