I haven't forgotten about posting some creative eye candy today, and I promise to do so a little later this afternoon .... but first, I wanted to share my Sunday Thought with y'all.I believe in "divine appointments" .... moments that God has scheduled into your life where He makes sure you're at the right place, at the right time .... moments where your only task is to listen and to care. Moments where we are called to love on a stranger, with no strings attached. To literally be the hands and feet of Christ in the world. Last night, I had a divine appointment.
On my way home from work, a woman sat down next to me and asked me for the time. I could tell she was obviously distraught about something so I told her the time and then asked a very simple question: "Is everything OK?" She looked at me, kind of stunned, and then broke into tears and proceeded to tell me that her mother had passed away just a few days ago. We continued to talk until I got to my stop and had to get off. I won't go into the details of our conversation because that's not really the point of this post.
The point is this - We all have divine appointments waiting for us. All around us are people who are sad and lonely; who are hurting and are in need of a shoulder to cry on. They go to our schools and they work in our offices ... they sit next to us on the subway ... they're behind us in line at the grocery store. We just need to open our eyes (and our hearts) to see them.
xox
No comments:
Post a Comment