Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Wide Open Spaces

My sister (who lives in Whistler, BC) came to visit for two weeks, and while she was here we decided to go on a little road-trip. By little, I mean we drove around our tiny hometown and the other small towns nearby. While on the road, I snapped these shots ~

All I could think about as we drove around was a line from the movie Love Comes Softly, where Marty says: "What a beautiful country the Lord has made for us!" As much as I love and appreciate the city, there is something magical about rows and rows of cornfields, majestic mountains and apple orchard valleys. I am so glad I grew up surrounded by so much beauty!

xoxo

PS - Don't forget to enter the giveaway. Only 5 days left. :o)

3 comments:

  1. wide open spaces is the perfect title for those pictures. it'd be a great title for a scrapbooking page too. hope you're feeling better!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So peaceful looking! I have had the fortune of spending vacations in Gaspe and although I would not live there permanently it is nice to escape the city.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what pretty pretty pictures! i'm jealous because i want to be there! :)

    ReplyDelete