I'm gonna learn how to fly ...
I went to see FAME yesterday. As someone who grew up watching (and loving) reruns of the TV show, I'm still not 100% sure how I felt about the movie. The singing was fantastic. I know hard-core Fame fans will probably attack me on this, but I really think Naturi Naughton (who played Denise) put Irene Cara to shame. Naughton's rendition of Out Here On My Own totally gave me goosebumps and I thought it was WAY better than the original. (You can see her performing it on Good Morning America here.) I wasn't all that impressed with the dancing though ... which is kind of weird, since it's being marketed as a "dance movie" and not a "musical". Some of the choreography was awesome but for the most part I found the dancing bits kinda boring. So even though the singing was sensational, I'm only giving it a 7.5 out of 10 ...
If you saw it let me know what you thought! We can discuss. ;o)
xox
I went to see FAME yesterday. As someone who grew up watching (and loving) reruns of the TV show, I'm still not 100% sure how I felt about the movie. The singing was fantastic. I know hard-core Fame fans will probably attack me on this, but I really think Naturi Naughton (who played Denise) put Irene Cara to shame. Naughton's rendition of Out Here On My Own totally gave me goosebumps and I thought it was WAY better than the original. (You can see her performing it on Good Morning America here.) I wasn't all that impressed with the dancing though ... which is kind of weird, since it's being marketed as a "dance movie" and not a "musical". Some of the choreography was awesome but for the most part I found the dancing bits kinda boring. So even though the singing was sensational, I'm only giving it a 7.5 out of 10 ...
If you saw it let me know what you thought! We can discuss. ;o)
xox
No comments:
Post a Comment