Wednesday, November 4, 2009
Key Lime Pie ♥
I know. I'm becoming a bit of a blog post-a-holic, aren't I? *sigh* Guess this is what happens when you have lots of random things on your mind and nobody around who wants to listen to your tangents. (Just kidding. My friends listen to my tangents all the time with incredibly patient smiles & nods ... love you guys!)
So, it's time I come of the closet and admit that I'm a foodie. I am a complete and utter food nerd. Yesterday, I almost bought a book on the History of French Cuisine. (No ... not French Cuisine recipes, a history book about the origins of some of the most popular French recipes!) I actually spend my Sunday afternoons reading cookbooks ... ask Tara, she'll tell you all about it. Anywhoo ... here's another random fact you might not know about me: I love key lime pie. It's actually my favorite dessert. I also love lemon meringue pie, traditional Southern coconut cake (Louisiana style, y'all) ... raspberry sorbet, cheesecake with a drizzle of blueberry puree. Yum. I think I've gained ten pounds just thinking about my favorite desserts. :o)
Tonight I read this awesome article by Michele Humes called What's Wrong With Chocolate. *hehe* ... I have to say, she's got some valid points. What's so great about chocolate, anyway? Give me lemons over cocoa any day. Oh, don't get me wrong - I love a delicious brownie every now and then, but I think it's time chocolate stepped aside and let zesty desserts have their well-deserved moment of fame.
You can read Michele's article here.
Let me know what you think ... are you a chocoholic or a lemon-head???
xox
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Love your blog site but have to disagree with you! I also like lemon pie and key lime, BUT I adore chocolate!
ReplyDeleteI am with you on chocolate. I am not a huge chocolate person so anytime there is cheesecake I am a happy camper. lol About reading about food I just can't get enough. I also read cookbooks all the time. If you're looking for an awesome site for recipes check out www.allrecipes.com
ReplyDeleteand this is yet another reason why i love you, key lime pie and lemon things are waaaaaay better!!! xx
ReplyDelete