Saturday, January 9, 2010

City Life.


I'm sorry I've been M.I.A. in blog-land recently ... I'm just trying to adjust to living on my own in a new city and haven't had much time to post anything of interest. My mom left to go back to Montreal on Thursday, and I've been missing her terribly. Yesterday was a particularly rough day with lots of "oh my gosh, what have I done?" moments. But today is a new day, and I'm feeling better. Hopefully it gets easier from here on out ....

Haven't had much time to scrapbook, but I did get in touch with a local scrapbooking group here. I'm waiting to hear back from the organizer to find out exactly where and when they meet, and hopefully I'll be able to attend a few of their crops and events. It'll be nice to make some scrappy friends. I'm also investigating the local scrapbook stores. Turns out there's a place called Scrapbook Warehouse which seems to be pretty close to me, so I'll be making a little road trip down there for sure! There's an Omar DeSerres near my apartment, but they only have one row of scrapbooking supplies and after the abundance of stuff at Scrapbook Star, one measly little row just isn't going to cut it!

Anyways, I need to go out and get groceries but I wanted to update you all on how things are going. I miss everyone and hope that life in Montreal (or where ever you're reading from) is going well.

xoxo

4 comments:

  1. Hi Stephanie! I know adjusting in a new city can be hard - been there, done that though it was in Japan (for 3 years). It really is a wonderful city though and I'm not sure if you have a car or not, but I work/teach in a great store in Langley called Precious Memories. If you get the chance to come out and visit, you won't be disappointed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It just takes time to settle in ... somedays i still have moments of homesickness, but just remember why you did it and all the positives from being in BC!! hope you have time to post more soon i love seeing and reading about your adventures!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Scrapbook Warehouse sounds like a great stop... sounds big, I hope it's big, if it's a warehouse! Maybe they even have warehouse prices! Hey, you gotta hope :)
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. i'm glad that you are trying to get acquainted with everything in your new location! i totally want to visit up there. maybe i can come and visit. ;) what'd you think!? hehe

    hugs,
    sarah.

    ReplyDelete