It has been pouring rain in Vancouver for the past two days, but today the sun FINALLY decided to come out and play! I had plans to do some cleaning and paper work today, but when I saw how gorgeous it was outside I couldn't bring myself to do. I ended up spending most of my day here:

Kits Beach, just a few blocks from my apartment. I'm still in awe that I was able to go to the beach in January! It was too cold to go swimming, but people were out on the water with kayaks and canoes ... lots of people walking their dogs and playing with their kids. It was a lovely afternoon.
I'm still struggling with homesickness, but it's gotten better. I have found a wonderful church community, so that's been really helpful, and tonight I'm meeting a potential roommate for coffee. We're going to discuss things like our rent budget and our general lifestyles to find out if we're really compatible. If we are, we're going to start looking for a new 2-bedroom apartment in the same neighborhood I'm in now. Long story short - I'm NOT a big fan of living on my own, and my land-lady turned out to be a little bit crazy. Hopefully tonight's conversation will go well and I'll be living in a new place by February 1st. Wish me luck!
Hope you are all having a good weekend.
I miss everyone muchos.
xox
Hey Hey Pretty Lady, im glad its getting easier for you, just keep getting out there and adventuring and having fun!!!! I hope all goes well with the living situation!!! Great photo and getting to the beach in January is fantastic, i cant believe how good the weather has been!!
ReplyDeleteHi.. miss you muchos too.
ReplyDeleteI smiled at your text yesterday, I'm glad to see a photo up on your blog today. Keep me posted about the potential roomie... hope it all works out. XOX
Helloooo...
ReplyDeleteMoving already!!! I hope not to far from the beach, I know how much you wanted to near by.
Glade the weather has been great there because it's cold and grey as usual here. I see you found a cupcake shop...yup I saw the pics! :)
Going to the beach in January much be a lovely treat. I'm sorry you are still feeling homesick. I can't even imagine how hard it must be to live on your own. I've only lived by myself a couple days. I was a teenager at the time and those were some of the hardest days of my life. Thankfully my mother came to her senses and returned home.
ReplyDeleteI'm praying God will continue to guide and comfort you.
LOVELY. Wishing you luck on your roomie. Your in my thoughts. Hugs, hugs, hugs!!!!
ReplyDeleteWhen you have a chance can you either email me or fax (1-866-211-5889, so that it's no long-distance)or send me the recipe for that triple chocolate cupcake?
ReplyDeleteHope everything is working out Stephanie. I am glad you have met a good church community and hope you find an apt you like with a fun roommate.
ReplyDeleteEnjoy the adventure!