Tuesday, January 26, 2010

some updates ...

Wow! January has been such an insane month for me ... a real roller coaster month with some incredible highs and, unfortunately, some incredible lows. I'm glad the month is almost over and I'm hoping February will be better! Much better!

I've finally started to make friends here. I go to an absolutely incredible church called The Bridge and the people there are just the sweetest, kindest, loveliest people I think I've ever met in my whole life. They really embody what it means to be a family of believers! A few nights ago, I was invited over for dinner by Jen and Roland - a super great couple who moved to Vancouver in October from London, Ontario. We talked for hours and played board games (I lost miserably) and it was just great to connect with people. We're even making plans to go see some of the Olympic festivities together and I'm so excited about that!

In more exciting news .... I have found a new apartment! I move in on February 1st with Katie, my new roomie. It's a cozy two-bedroom place in the same neighborhood I'm living in now. The best part is the view! I can see the mountains from my kitchen window! The sink is right by the window so whenever I'm doing dishes, I'll get to look out and see the amazing snow-cap mountains off in the distance ... it's so incredible! Katie and I both feel so blessed to have found this place *and* it's even cheaper than the apartment I'm currently staying at!

With all these changes, I haven't had much time for scrapbooking lately. Actually - I've had NO time for scrapbooking. I'm really hoping February is a little bit calmer so I'll have time to document my experience here and work with some of the great photos I've taken since arriving in Vancouver.

I hope you all have an awesome week!
xox

No comments:

Post a Comment