things I have fallen in love with since moving to Vancouver ...

1. Numi Monkey King Organic Tea ... especially the jasmine green tea flavor
Seriously. Where has this tea been all my life? I've always been a die-hard Earl Gray girl, but this tea is the by far the most delicious tea I've ever had.
2. Jason Castro and Justin Bieber music.
These two artists couldn't be more different, but I love 'em both. Jason Castro has the best love songs (download Let's Fall In Love Again and tell me it's not the most adorable thing you've ever heard) and Justin Bieber just makes me feel 13 years again. I like to play Jason's album while I'm cooking dinner and I play Justin's album when I'm getting all dolled up to go out. Fun times!
3. Walking in the rain.
I don't even carry an umbrella with me anymore! I just love getting caught in the rain, splashing around in puddles, searching the sky for rainbows. I know it sounds crazy, but I love getting home totally drenched, getting into cozy PJ's and warming myself up with a cup of tea or hot chocolate.
4. Lululemon Athletica
Some of you may know that Lululemon (a company that makes yoga and workout gear) began as a little business in Vancouver. What you might not realize is that here in Vancouver, and especially in my neighborhood because the huge flagship store is right near my apartment, everybody wears Lululemon stuff! There's even a joke among locals that you can tell how long a person has lived in Vancouver by asking them how many pairs of Lululemon pants they own. At first, I told myself I wasn't going to give in to this trend and become a Lulu junkie. But then one day, on a whim, I went into the store ... and now I'm hooked.
5. My big sister
Oh, of course I loved her oodles before moving here ... but she has really been my hero these past three months. She's gone above and beyond for me and done so much to help me settle in and make a home for myself. Even though she was crazy busy working for the Olympics, she made me a priority and made time to be there for me. I don't think I would have made it without her. I am blessed to come from such a supportive, committed family.
... This list continues to grow, so I'll post more random things I love soon.
I love being able to discover Vancouver through your eyes. I knew you'd have a great adventure there, but I didn't realize how enjoyable it would be for me to read. Your posts always put a smile on my face.
ReplyDeleteI am so happy to hear you are loving Vancouver!
ReplyDeleteI'm loving what BC is bringing out of you. Such a great adventurous chica. Keep the lists coming. And adventure journals coming.
ReplyDelete