Wednesday, June 16, 2010

bummer.

Well this week is off to a fantastic start - NOT! Long story short, my flight home has been cancelled ... my mother's surprise party is no longer a surprise (and no longer happening) ... my sister and I had a HUGE fight that made me cry ... and, as if all that weren't bad enough, I've been sneezing and wheezing since Monday morning. I think I'm developing allergies in my old age. *sigh*

The only upbeat news I have to share with y'all today is that I weighed myself over the weekend and ... drumroll, please .... I've lost 40 pounds baby!!!!! 40 pounds in 6 months. I am so crazy proud of myself, it isn't even funny. I know some of you are gonna ask me that ever-so-popular "how'd you do it?" question, so let me beat ya to it. In a nutshell -
  • I eat three meals a day. In university, I skipped breakfast all the time .. not anymore. Now I fuel up with oatmeal or yogurt or fruit - or all of the above!
  • I went organic. About 75% of the food & drinks I buy now are certified organic. It's more expensive, but it's so much healthier for your body.
  • I walk pretty much everywhere and I run at least three times a week. It helps that I live in the most beautiful place in the world and can run by the ocean or take a walk through the woods.
  • I have a pretty full schedule, so I don't really sit around snacking in front of the TV anymore. When I do need a snack, I grab raspberry almonds from Granville Island or organic banana chips. And if I'm gonna splurge on a snack, then I really go all out and get a cupcake at my favorite cupcake shop or tiramisu at my favorite Italian resto.
  • I get lots of fresh air.
  • I'm happy and busy. I think when you've got lots of great things going on in your life, you don't have time to be stuffing your face with things that aren't good for you.
So there you have it .... the little tips and tricks that have worked for me. 40 pounds gone! SO HAPPY. This definitely calls for a little celebration treat. I'm thinking of a cute wallet from Guess or maybe some new shoes? Or maybe a little black dress and a night on the town? Suggestions, anyone?

xoxo

3 comments:

  1. That's such a huge accomplishment!!! Way to go, hon!!
    I'm sorry to hear about the rest of your week being rough :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go…the Guess wallet has my vote – 40 pounds lost deserves it! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear about the disappoints with the family. *hugs*

    I'm so proud of your weight loss. I'm hoping to be making my own announcement in the next few months. Please pray for me. I really need some courage to get this thing going. There's no one to really keep me accountable and encourage me, so it's just me and God doing this.

    BTW, please forgive me for being a bad blog reader. Life has been insanely busy and I've had to let things go for a while. I'm hoping things calm down some soon.

    ReplyDelete