Saturday, July 10, 2010

Lessons in Compromise

I love my roomie and we get a long really, really well .... but sharing a tiny apartment with another person has certainly been a lesson in the art of compromise, particularly when it comes to home decorating. Katie and I have very different decorating styles. I'm very urban chic and I prefer things to be streamline and open and super organized. My roomie, on the other hand, prefers a hippie-vintage look. She's into mixing and matching and likes furniture pieces that have a bit of an antique flair to them. Needless to say, it took a little bit of compromise on both sides in order for us to finish decorating our apartment. This is a layout I made documenting that process:

That's Katie's table (and her artwork and her tomato plant) in our kitchen. I wasn't crazy about it at first, but it's starting to grow on me. :)

Speaking of layouts ... my super sweet friend Catherine scrap-lifted one of my layouts. I had no idea she was doing it, so it was such a surprise to swing by The Everyday Scrapper and see my layout up there! I love Catherine's layout so much ... especially the two different colors on the title. Gotta try that sometime! Be sure to swing by and leave some love!

Anyways, it's a beautiful summer day here in Vancouver. I was at the beach this morning and came home for lunch, and I think I'll head back down to the water this afternoon. Hope you're all having a great weekend!
xoxo

2 comments:

  1. This is what scrapbooking is about. Beautiful page and love the fussy cutting. It's hard when you have two people that clash but luckily you both are able to compromise!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the compliment! I was well inspired!! :)

    I LOVE how you documented your lessons in compromise with a roomie. It is definitely a life lesson, and you'll always remember that tomato plant now!

    ReplyDelete