Saturday, July 3, 2010

O Canada ♥

I hope that everyone had a wonderful Canada Day on Thursday. I sure did! The city was a buzz of patriotism and I was up and out at 9am to take it all in. Here are a couple of snapshots of my day (the rest are all up on Facebook) ~


Canada Place down by the waterfront was where most of the festivities were. The Olympic flame was also re-lit in honor of our country's birthday.


The parade downtown


Celebrating diversity. These Persian dancers were AMAZING.


Tara-Jean and Vincent from So You Think You Can Dance Canada performed.


The Young Executives (a band) paid tribute to our troops with an awesome rendition of The Killer's song, All These Things I've Done.


My favorite "secular" band, Five Alarm Funk, performed. They were fantastic, as usual.


Last but not least, fireworks by the water with a group of my favorite church peeps.

HAPPY CANADA DAY!
We are truly blessed to live in such a wonderful, beautiful, free country!
xox

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a great day!
    That shot of the fireworks really came out well !!

    ReplyDelete