Sunday, August 1, 2010

Happy August!

It's August 1st and, believe it or not, it seems summer is coming to an end here in British Columbia. I woke up this morning and it was cold and drizzly, and as I scurried off to church with my scarf wrapped around me, I couldn't help but think: "gee, it feels like October!" Oh well. Summer on the west coast was short, but it sure was beautiful. I live in a land of gorgeous sunsets and glorious blue skies and I made the most of it. I'm ready for autumn. I'm OK with pulling out my rain boots and my mittens. I'm ready for the change of seasons.

I have some very exciting news to share with you. As many of you know, it has been my dream to be able to work in ministry with young women. I applied for a lot (like, dozens) of jobs with different ministries and Christian organizations and unfortunately I wasn't selected for any of them, so here I am working in a secular, corporate setting. I love my job, though, and I definitely feel that I am in the right place in terms of my career. But I'm super stoked to announce that God has opened some incredible doors for me and .... as of September 1st, I will be an intern on UBC campus for an incredible organization called Born for More!!! I'll be keeping my day job at the office, but my evenings and weekends will be spent hanging out with students and sharing the love of Jesus with them. I am *so so so so so so* excited about this opportunity!

Well, I'm signing off now to make dinner. Tomorrow is a holiday here in BC (it's BC Day!) so I get to sleep in and hopefully spend my day making crafts or having coffee with friends - or maybe both!

xox

2 comments:

  1. How exciting!!!! I hope it opens even bigger doors for you but in the meantime enjoy and i look forward to the newsletters! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness!! CONGRATS!
    What a wonderful step in a positive direction!! xoxox

    ReplyDelete