Sunday, August 8, 2010

How To Be Alone

Living in a city on the other side of the country - miles and miles away from all of your friends and family - teaches you a think or two about what it means to be alone. A friend of mine posted this video on her Facebook page. I watched it four times in a row, completely mesmerized. It's quite possibly one of the most beautiful YouTube videos I have ever seen.


Society has totally labelled being alone (whether it's a permanent state of alone-ness like being single or a temporary state of alone-ness like going out for dinner by yourself) to be a sad, awkward thing that should be avoided. But I think this video hits the nail on the head. We all need to spend more time with ourselves. I think we allow ourselves to get so caught up in our jobs, our families, our relationships, our friendships, our extracurricular activities that we forget to spend some quality time with the person in the mirror.

I hope this video inspires you as much as it inspired me.
xox

1 comment:

  1. Love,love,love this!
    I plan to do that in NY next week since I'll be on my own while my sister is at work.
    TFS - I am so inspired! :)

    ReplyDelete