Friday, September 3, 2010

I Saw A Whale & Other News

First and foremost, before I write anything else, I would like to say  scream that OH MY GOSH, OH MY GOSH, LAST NIGHT I SAW A WHALE IN THE OCEAN!!!!!!! No joke. A real-life whale. Some friends of mine were hanging out at the beach and they phoned me and told me to get my butt down there pronto. I literally bolted out of my apartment and ran all the way down the hill to the water's edge. Low and behold, right there lurking beneath the surface was a big beautiful gray whale. One more reason why I LOVE living in Vancouver.

Another reason I love living in Vancouver? Sunsets like this -


Breathtaking, isn't it? Sometimes I have to pinch myself to make sure that I'm not just dreaming and to confirm that yes, I really do live here!

And now, in other not-so-exciting news ... I'm sorry I've been M.I.A. in blog and message board land lately. I've been busy soaking up the last few days of summer and prepping for my fall internship with Born for More. The semester at University of British Columbia begins on Tuesday, so the BFM team and I have been frantically trying to pull everything together on time. I have one last staff meeting this evening and then we are good to go & will hit the ground running next week. So, so exciting! I can't wait to meet "my" students and begin to build those connections and friendships.

For those of you who are curious about last weekend's camping trip - it was fun, but I am definitely a bed and breakfast kind of girl. The ferry ride over to the island was spectacular, as always, and we saw lots of cool things like seals and sea urchins ... no starfish though. :(

Loving you all & missing you lots!
xox

3 comments:

  1. Wow about the whale... and that is an amazing sunset :)

    I'm so glad to hear everything is going well! xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to see you back!!! love the photo its stunning over there isnt it!! im glad to see you are having fun in Vancouver and getting to do and see cool things!! xx

    ReplyDelete