
Tennessee Williams was onto something when he wrote: "If so many are lonely as seem to be lonely, then it's inexcusably selfish to be lonely alone."
Tonight, I headed up to UBC campus to spend some quality girl time with Xinxin - an international student from China who was feeling particularly homesick and lonely on her favorite holiday (Mid-Autumn Festival). I brought my box of moon cakes and we sat in her dorm, munching away and chatting about life. She kept saying "Oh Steph, I was so homesick. Thank you for coming to visit me." ... It melted my heart every time and reminded me that it truly is the little things in life that make a big difference.
Hope your Wednesday evening was as uplifting as mine was.
xox
That was such a great thing you did, it can be so hard being away from home and home comforts!
ReplyDeleteYou are such an awesome person and have so much good Karma due to you!!!