Friday, October 22, 2010

doing this:


I've decided to take an online journaling class for scrapbookers and bloggers. Why, you ask. Well, if you've seen any of my scrapbook pages you know that I *love* to include tons of journaling on them. A picture can tell a thousand words, true, but a picture AND journaling can tell many more! I like to think of myself as a good scrapbook journaler but there's always room for improvement .... and, if I'm being honest, I'm hoping this class will make me a better blogger. I often have so many thoughts and ideas swirling around in my head that when I try to buckle down and write a blog post about them, my blog post ends up sounding all disjointed and random. So fingers crossed this class gives me some much needed story guidance!

Here's some more info on the class, offered by the uber talented Shimelle ...

True Stories is an online class that starts on the 25th of October, but it can be completed at any time. It lasts three weeks, with fifteen full-colour PDF prompts delivered straight to your inbox, Mondays through Fridays. From the beginning, there is absolutely no way to ‘fall behind’ or ‘not finish’ because it’s not that kind of class. You can follow along by working on a prompt each day if you would like, but you can also keep the prompts as a reference for when they come in useful for your own scrapbooking, blogging or other story-telling needs.

True Stories covers fifteen different ways to approach your story and commit it to paper. You can use these prompts as a scrapbooker and see your journaling evolve to something that will be a treasure to read. You can use the prompts as a blogger to make your entries feel like honest, unique and compelling tales. Or you can just use them in general as a collection of ways to add a bit more excitement to your writing if you’re feeling like you’re in a rut of writing the same way on every project.

More info on the class (and sign-up info) here.

Looking *so* forward to this!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment