
"Let's go to the movies ... let's go see the stars ..."
This blog post could also be titled Reason #850919102 Why I Love Living In The Heart Of The City! On Sunday, I am doing something trรจs Sex and the City. I'm going to see a black and white movie on the big screen at the Hollywood Theatre on Broadway. The Hollywood Theatre is a family-owned movie theatre here in Vancouver that's been open and running for 75 years! It's the oldest family-owned theatre in the province (maybe the country?) and it's managed to retain all of its 1940s glamour and charm ... the red velvet seats, the little ticket kiosk that pokes out onto the sidewalk, the vintage popcorn machine. It opened in 1935 and tickets back then cost a mere 10 cents! Hard to believe tickets nowadays cost $10+ ...
Anyway, to celebrate its 75 anniversary, the Hollywood Theatre is hosting a big celebration this weekend with some classic movies including one of my all-time faves ... Casablanca!
If you know me, then you know that I absolutely love Casablanca. It's my 2nd favorite movie of all-time, beaten only by the ever amazing Gone With The Wind. I'm sorry, Humphrey Bogart, but NOTHING can beat Gone With The Wind. My friend Grace is also really into black and white movies and so we're taking ourselves on a whimsical time travel trip and will be getting all dressed up and heading to the movies this weekend together. I am so excited! I will try to remember to post pictures.
If you live in Vancouver, you can find more info on the Hollywood Theatre's weekend celebration here.
Anyone else have any fun weekend plans?
xoxo
What a fabulous thing to do in the city!
ReplyDeleteI wish I could hop on a plane and come with you!