Thursday, November 4, 2010

Proof ...

I feel like I'm falling behind in Shimelle's class which is ridiculous, really, because I'm reading the daily prompts and journaling a little each day ... but I just feel like I haven't been writing anything of substance. Certainly nothing worth sharing on the world wide web. That's why prompt #8 was such a breath of fresh air for me. It was all about using multiple perspectives to share a story ... using things like emails, Facebook messages, etc to capture "both sides".

As soon as I read the prompt, I knew what I wanted to do. I'm working on a page called "Proof that Vancouver is finally home" and my proof is going to be recent text messages on my cell phone. When I first moved here almost a year ago, I didn't know anybody. I didn't have a single friend. These days, when I flip through my cell phone, I'm amazed how many wonderful friends I've made in such a short amount of time. I'm so blessed! I don't just see random messages, I see messages from people who know me. People who care. People who want to spend time with me. People who live here, in Vancouver ... oh, and a best friend back in Montreal who I still send text messages to on a daily basis.

Here are some of the messages I'm planning to include -

10/07/2010
Kim writes - Girls night at my place tomorrow

10/15/2010
Lynda writes - Are you going to Michaels?? What time are you going?

10/16/2010
Suzanne writes - The sale you mentioned was at Urban Planet, right? Not Urban Barn?

10/20/2010
Dave writes - You know I got no love for office jobs!

10/21/2010
Xinxin writes - Do you want to have dinner with me? I'll cook something.

20/22/2010
Jen writes - What are you doing tonight? Wanna have dinner with me and Anwen?

10/25/2010
Jessica writes - Yeah it's pretty bad. It's the rock bottom of hot chocolate. Ewww, sorry! I wish I could've stopped you.

10/29/2010
Rhoda writes - Hey Steph! You have plans for tonight? How about an impromptu dinner date?

xoxox

2 comments:

  1. This is such a great idea for a layout. I like that you've correlated these messages to Vancouver finally being home. Can't wait to see the layout.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is a great reason to make the layout! How adventurous of you to move to Vancouver on your own without knowing anyone!! If my husband told me he had a job offer there I would have my bags packed by tomorrow!!

    ReplyDelete