The prompt for day seven was to write about someone/something who has had the biggest impact on your life. Immediately, I thought "well, Jesus of course." But then I started to second-guess my choice thinking people might find it too preachy, too awkward, too politically incorrect. I toyed with the idea of writing about my amazing momma, Wendy, who is seriously one of the greatest women to walk the earth and whom I adore. Look up "world's best Mom" in the dictionary and I bet you'll find her photo there. I thought of writing about my sweet boy who is stuck in San Fransisco for work (again!) but who took the time to go on a little road trip across the city and find the new Anthology magazine for me. He's a keeper, y'all. I could have written about my besties who make me laugh every day and who love me despite the fact that I'm bossy and stubborn. Or the college professor who taught a class on The Ethics of Art that made me fall in love with Dorothea Lange. Or my figure skating coach, or my sister, or my pastor, or my daddy - there are *so* many people who have left footprints on my heart.
But, at the end of the day, no one has impacted, influenced, changed, transformed and inspired me more than Jesus Christ. I don't want to get into my whole testimony because it's long and complicated and it would turn this blog post into a novel. Long story short - Jesus is at the core of every decision I make, every step I take, every value I embrace, every good thing that has come into my life. And as a result, to quote song lyrics from the amazing Brooke Fraser, "I am changing, less and less asleep. Made of different stuff than when I began."
Jesus, you make all things new. Thank you
xo
i love brooke fraser, i got to see her when i was living in australia and she was at hillsong. so good!!
ReplyDeleteA wonderful post!! I decided to join in Sian's Storytelling Sunday today and posted about prayer, but I had some of the same thoughts. Would it turn some people off because my story had a focus on prayer rather than just a childhood memory, but in the end I decided it's the story of my life and the Lord has always been there for me. Thanks for sharing your thoughts and I hope you are feeling better!!!!
ReplyDelete