Sunday, February 20, 2011

Life as a Grown-Up

When I was a little girl, I used to beg my Mom to buy me the "cool" band-aids with Disney characters on them. She never did. Her reasoning was that the Disney band-aids cost twice the price of regular band-aids and regular band-aids work just fine. No matter how much I pleaded or pouted, expensive cartoon band-aids were a major "no go" in our home. We were spoiled with lots of other things in childhood, but I could never get Mom to cave where overpriced band-aids were concerned. She would always come back with "when you're a grown-up and you have your own money, you can spend it on whatever you want."

Fast-forward twenty years later, and I'm living on my own in my own apartment with a full-time job. I'm in charge of my own bank account and you had better believe there are Disney band-aids in my medicine cabinet! :)

Life as a grown-up. Gotta love it.

xo

5 comments:

  1. I always felt that way about the Flintstones vitamins, all my friends got those ones, but my parents were really into getting vitamins from the health food store... so I always had to choke down those big ones. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh man, don't even get me started on the Flintstones vitamins! I always wanted those, too lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. this post made me smile -- it's so like you!

    I hope you're doing well, I miss you !

    xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this perspective on being a grown-up. If you were close by, you would be welcome to stop in for a Disney Princess or Hello Kitty band-aid any time! :>)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I’ve got a lot of catching up to do over here!
    Why is it I’m not surprise you bought those specific Disney band aids! ;)

    ReplyDelete