Tuesday, June 14, 2011

confessions of a lame blogger ...

Okay, okay - I have been the world's most suckiest blogger ever! I'm sorry I neglected you, lovely little blog of mine, but that's what happens when life gets exciting and busy and full of good things. My days have been so full that when I get home, I can barely manage to brush my teeth nevermind come up with an entertaining post. But I'm back and I promise to try my very best to be a better blogger for the rest of the summer.

'Cause, ya know, I kind of like you blog. We've been friends for a long time and I'm not ready to say goodbye. So let's work this thing out, okay?

So, in a nutshell, here's what's been going on the world of Stephanie recently ...

I finally got to visit both Steveston and Deep Cove - two touristy, super sweet towns that I'd heard lots about but had never gotten the chance to see for myself. We sat on the pier in Steveston and looked for seals (they didn't come visit - boo!) and we ate honey glazed doughnuts in Deep Cove. They were both great and I can't wait to go back, but Horseshoe Bay remains my favorite.

I went to a Grease-Sing-Along at the Rio Theatre over on Commercial Drive with two of my favorite girly girls. You haven't lived until you've sung "Beauty School Drop Out" with a theatre full of people at two in the morning. Seriously. Best time ever.

My roomie got engaged!!!! So excited for her. A spring wedding is in the works.

I was treated to a fantastical, amazing, uber-delish meal at Boston Pizza. This may not seem like a big deal to you, but if you know me and know my love for Boston Pizza you understand why it's totally blog-worthy. Fettuccine jambalaya, be still my heart.

I let Boy drink from the same Starbucks cup as me and I didn't even flinch. That's love, folks. (Again ... if you know me and know how hardcore I am about drink-sharing and germs, you'll understand why this is a major relationship milestone)

I've been ridiculously tanned since the end of May and I didn't even try. Yup. Be jealous chicas.

My Mom and my Nana just booked flights to visit me! They'll be arriving in late July and I couldn't be happier. It'll be so nice to have some quality "family time" all together.

So all in all, life on the west coast is good. Scratch that, life on the west coast is GREAT. Not perfect, not 100% stress-free, not a completely bump free ride ... but great. Know what else is great? YOU. Ha. :)

Hope you're all having a good week
xo

1 comment:

  1. Happy to hear everything is going well for you Stephanie!

    ReplyDelete