
1. Oatmeal Cookies with chocolate chips and banana .... We're having a pot luck breakfast in one of my history classes on Wednesday and I am making these delicious cookies ... they smell sooooo good ....
2. Message From Your Heart, performed by Kina Grannis ... I just love finding new music that inspires and uplifts me. The lyrics to this song are so pretty and I absolutely relate to them 100%. My favorite part of the song, though, is when she beats on her guitar and it sounds like an actual heartbeat. Awesome, Kina, awesome. Check out the video clip here ...
3. Bubble tea ... getting some tomorrow afternoon with Tara, can't hardly wait!
4. Alaina, the worship leader at my church ... there are some people who are talented and then there are some people who are anointed ... a·noint·ed: to choose by or as if by divine intervention. I really believe Alaina is anointed. What she has is far more than a talent, it is an absolute gift from God and every time she opens her mouth to sing she pulls the entire congregation closer to Him. Talent leaves you in awe of the person, but anointing leaves you in awe of their Creator.
5. Painting ... I haven't worked on a full-size painting in years, but I just started one last night and I am falling in love with it already. I'll be sure to post it when it's done.
6. Spring-time ... it's been raining for the past three days here in Montreal, but I don't mind. April showers bring May flowers and I am sooooo ready for spring.
7. The Case for a Creator, by Lee Strobel ... I bought this book about a week ago and am currently reading it. It's a little complicated (I'm not a science girl, so I'm having to relearn all the stuff I didn't pay attention to in high school) but it is very well written and I am really enjoying it.
8. Kind, caring professors .... I was really lucky to get to take a class with Dr. Lorenzkowski this semester. I hope if I am ever called to teach, I teach just like her. She is honestly one of the sweetest professors I have ever been taught by.
9. Hair bows and headbands .... I am totally loving on these flower headbands from the Lou and Lee etsy shop and these ones from the Motley Handmade shop. They're so feminine and whimsical and I think they'd look fabulous with my big curls.
10. Parties, parties, parties .... yesterday, Jessica told me she was going to throw me a going away party when I move. I got *so* excited! I love parties. I hope she makes cute invites that I can scrapbook. (Hint, hint Miss Jessykins).
that's it for now lovies! Have a great afternoon, happy Tuesday!
xoxo
Wow, now the pressure's really on for a good party, and good invites, isn't it! :o) Love this idea! Don't know if I'll follow (10 things each week feels like a lot!), but I'll defientely try!
ReplyDeleteYeah...can't wait to see the painting, it's always the little things that bring us the most joy. Poor Jess; you better believe the pressure is on!
ReplyDelete