Thursday, August 13, 2009

Overheard ...

My best friends and I should have a reality show. Seriously. The following are snippets of REAL conversations, I swear ... this really is what life is like for us on a daily basis.


Talking about war veterens and how they deserve more respect ...
Jennifer: My grandfather fought in the second world war with the allied forces.
Me: Oh wow, did they win?
[She pauses and looks at me to make sure I'm being serious.]
Jennifer: Um, yeah Steph ... they did. Pretty sure if they'd lost we'd have a problem with nazis right about now.
As a side note, I should mention that I'm a history minor. *blush*

*****
A conversation at Starbucks about our "type" of guy ...
Me: I just don't find super skinny guys attractive.
Jessica: Why not?
Me (totally serious): I dunno ... I guess ... well, my boyfriend has to look like he can beat your boyfriend up!


*****
While watching a chick flick from the early 90's and eating Timbits' donoughts ....
Catherine: I love this movie so much!
Me: They just don't make them like they used to.
Catherine: What, timbits?!


****
Walking downtown, I'm playing around with Jessica's cell phone and she's getting annoyed with me ...
Jessica: OK, give it back.
Me: Ooouuhh ... somebody's calling you, it's vibrating!
Jessica: Aw man, give it back .. I don't vibrate all that often!


This is why I love my best friends. They seriously never fail to make me laugh.
-xox-

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, good times! We *so* need a reality TV show. We need to hang out soon to have more classic convos. Life just isn't the same without 'em!

    ReplyDelete