Anyways, I'm especially fond of the song I'm Letting Go. It's a song about trusting God and letting Him control your destiny in life and embracing whatever that destiny may be. The lyrics to the chorus are: "I'm letting go of the life I've planned for me and my dreams. I'm losing control of my destiny ... it feels like I'm falling and that's what it's like to believe ... so I'm letting go ..."
This week has been a week of letting go for me. As many of you know, I've been a little bit overwhelmed lately with my post-graduation plans. Things haven't been going quite as smoothly as I hoped and I was getting really frustrated and discouraged. People kept telling me not to worry and reminded me that "when God closes one door, He always opens another" .... but I was beginning to wonder where I would be come January and what I would be doing.
Well ..... this week, a door finally opened. A door I never in a million years expected to walk through, but I'm so excited that I would run through it right now if I could! I wish I could spill all the beans right this second, but I can't. I still have a few things to work out and I need to wait until I receive a formal letter of confirmation .... but I can tell you that it has something to do with this:
and this, too:
*happy sigh* God is so incredibly faithful! :o)
So if you're not sure where you're headed on this journey we call life, I encourage you to pick up a copy of Francesca's CD and listen to song #2 .... and then go read Romans 8:28 which promises that "in all things God works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose."
He's got a plan for you! Just be patient and wait expectantly. :o)
happy Sunday!
xox
*hugs*
ReplyDeleteoooo exciting! i'm waiting for my door to open too. Hmmmm perhaps i should keep my eyes on the windows too...just in case it's something really really unexpected!
ReplyDeletexoxo
I wish I had your faith that things do get better. Unfortunately, I have a very very dark outlook on things. Hopefully, that will change with time.
ReplyDelete