Saturday, November 28, 2009

Sunday Thought: By Your Side

{photo credit}

Why are yo
u striving these days?
Why are you trying to earn grace?
Why are you crying?
Let Me lift up your face ... don't turn away ....

And why are you looking for love?
Why are you still searching, as if I'm not enough?
To where will you run, child?
Tell me where will you run ....
To where will you run?

I'll be by your side where ever you fall,
in the dead of night ... whenever you call ....
And please don't fight these arms that are holding you.
My hands are holding you.

- lyrics by Tenth Avenue North

I haven't posted a Sunday Thought in a few weeks, but I heard this song last night and it really moved me. This lyric in particular really touched my heart: please don't fight these hands that are holding you. I immediately thought of little boys and how their mommas LOVE to hold them and hug them and plaster their faces with kisses, but eventually they reach that age where they're "too cool" for public displays of affection. When their mother go to pull them close, they hesitate and approach reluctantly ... and it breaks their mom's heart a little. When I listened to this song, I couldn't help but wonder if God feels that way when we push Him away and act as if we're too cool for Him. Something tells me He too wishes we would just run with reckless abandon into His arms.

I hope this song brings a little hope to your day & reminds you that you are loved and adored! Don't fight it, just embrace it. :o)
-xox-

2 comments:

  1. Hey Girl,
    Thanks for the sweet comment on my blog! Love your blog too! It's so fun!
    I love this post and all that it reveals! It's so true how sometimes we get caught up in the image of the world, when it's all about JESUS anyway! We should be unashamed! Recklessly abandoned! Amen to your words of wisdom! Thanks for sharing! Oh, and speaking of Reckless abandonment, have you ever read the AMAZING book by Jackie Kendall called, "Lady in Waiting?" It's a awesome book! Check it out if you get some time! It's a quick read, but one that will change your life! God used it greatly in my life and I am currently going through it with a group of discipleship girls! It's awesome! Blessing to you my sister in Jesus!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tenth Avenue North is such a fantastic band. I listen to them all the time and this song is one of my favorites. Love what you wrote too! We all just need to stop fighting the arms that are holding us and learn to return the embrace.
    xox Andrea

    PS - Are you planning to go to the women's conference @ church this year? Let me know!

    ReplyDelete