I got this email forward from my Mom today, and it just really touched my heart. We knew someone who passed away in the horrible events of 9/11 so this day is always a rough one for me personally. This poem is so beautiful & it really brought me some peace today. I hope it does the same for you.
---------------------------------------------------------
You say you will never forget where you were when you heard the news on September 11th, 2001. Neither will I.
I was on the 110th floor in a smoke filled room with a man who called his wife to say "goodbye". I held his fingers steady as he dialed. I gave him the peace to say, "Honey, I am not going to make it out of here but it's OK. I am ready to go."
I was with his wife when he called. She was getting ready to feed breakfast to their children. I held her up as she tried to understand his words and as she realized that he wouldn't be coming home that night.
I was on all four of those planes, in every seat, with every prayer.
I was with the crew as they were over-taken.
I was in the hearts of all the believers there, comforting and assuring them that their faith has saved them, whispering "today you will be with Me in paradise."
I was in Texas, Virginia, California, Michigan. I was in Mexico and England and France. I was in Afghanistan. I was standing next you you when you heard the terrible news. Did you sense Me?
I want you to know that I saw every face. I knew every name, even though not all of them knew Me. Some met me for the first time on the 86th floor. Some sought Me with their last breath. Some chose, for the final time, to ignore Me. But I was there.
If you are reading this, then I did not place you in the Towers that day. You may not know why you were spared, but I do. September 11th 2001 was not the end of the journey for you. But someday, your journey will end. And when it does, I will be there for you just as I was for them.
I will be in the stairwell of your final moments.
Love, God.
Wow that brought tears to my eyes! I have family there and thankfully they were spared that day as my aunt was supposed to be there but was in traffic. I am sorry for your loss that day!!!
ReplyDelete