Sunday, November 14, 2010

food for thought ♥

A few months ago, I was browsing through a stationary store when I stumbled across a card that said: This is your world. Shape it or someone else will. That card ended up coming home with me, and has been sitting on my window ledge by my desk ever since.

I have to remind myself on a daily basis that this is my world and by God's grace I am equipped to shape it. I know that I won't be able to fix all of the problems in my friends' lives, but I can listen and I can love and I can support. And, in doing so, I am "shaping" a tiny part of the world.

No one person can change the whole world, but we can all do our best to shape one little part of it. xox

2 comments:

  1. Honestly, it's like your their own mini-psychologist. It can be a huge blessing, but a big burden, too. You're doing a wonderful job, and sometimes, the biggest way to help is to listen. XOX

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely post. You are doing a wonderful thing just lending a listening ear and a safe place for these young ladies. For many years, my mission has been setting a godly example for my nieces and nephews as well as the students I've taught over the years. My prayer is that the Lord will send you a special blessing for your commitment to those He's placed in your path.

    ReplyDelete