Thursday, November 11, 2010

missing in action

Hey everyone!

I realize that it might seem as though I've fallen off the face of the planet recently but I have a VERY good reason for my lack of blogging this week. We've had a little problem at the apartment with ..... mice. Yeah. I know. We can all squeal "ewwwwwwwww" together right about now.

I wish I could explain the chaos that has been my life for the past 48 hours but there really are no words to do it justice. Let's just say, there was some hyperventilating going on and lots of tears and screaming and brooms banging. I spent the last two days sleeping on my friends' couches, and tonight will be my first night back in the apartment.

The good news is, traps have been set and the hole we found in the bathroom which was most likely their point of entry has been sealed off and nobody has seen any mice lurking about recently ... Bad news is, there were mice in here and the thought of mice in my home just grosses me out!

So there you have it, friends - city life isn't ALWAYS quite as glamorous as it may seem.

In the midst of all this, I'm trying to count my blessings. Katie and I have lived here for almost a year now and haven't had any kind of problems with unwelcome critters until this week. And we'll gladly take mice over bedbugs or rats or *heaven forbid* cockroaches. I'm feeling blessed that I have a friend who is a trained zoologist and who studied rodents in Costa Rica for a year ... she has been in and out of this apartment over the last 48 hours investigating and has assured us that all should be fine from here on out. I'm grateful to be surrounded by wonderful friends like Suzanne and Lynda have been so sweet and supportive. I'm fortunate to have had a place to stay when I was too traumatized and grossed out to stay at my own apartment. This could have been *SO* much worse.

I hope to be back to my regular posting soon! I have lots of crazy fun things coming up - a gazillion holiday parties, etc - and I still have tons of journaling from Shimelle's class to share. Fingers crossed that things go back to normal by this weekend.

xox

3 comments:

  1. I hope for you it is all over but yes I will say ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww! It's one thing seeing them in a cage but when they are the wild ones I would be freaking out too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! That's what I call "excitement" all right. Let's say that the apartment has now had its share of bad luck, and hopefully now nothing else will ever happen to it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bless you, glad you have got it sorted!

    ReplyDelete